17 January, 2009

Blogger Reactions

I really like the new idea that Google Blogger has introduced and as soon as I read about it, I knew that I had to give it a try.

Basically, ‘Reactions’ are a feedback system which is meant to be quick and dirty. There is no need for the ‘surfer’ to go through the sign-in process, no need to key in the most annoying ‘verification letters’ & there is no need to write anything. Its just a matter of ticking one of various options you see at the bottom of each post.

Brilliant and a clever idea indeed. However, it has its drawbacks… for one, there is no way to find out what is it that the ‘surfer’ liked about the post. Secondly, anyone can randomly click on the ‘reactions’ and the original poster would be none the wiser. Thirdly, I think, they may even decrease the number of people posting a comment (reply to the post).

In spite of the above, I do think, its a wonderful idea and I already have few ticks on my site :D

No comments: